.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Pedagogy of the Oppressed by Paulo Freire

?Pedagogy of the oppressed by Paulo Freire is an interesting, yet complicated new(a) to understand. The content itself is not sonorous to read, but many of the themes, points, and spoken communication are difficult to comprehend. I had to look up aggregate boundarys in the lexicon and reread many sentences to eventually understand most of the ledger. The radical of solidarity with the oppressed is a recite I had to look up. It was brought up multiple time throughout the defy so it was cooperative that I understood what I was reading. The book says that the oppressors must earn solidarity, meaning unity or agreement of feeling or cropion, with the oppressed through liberal up. Freire states, Fighting at their face to transform the objective cosmos which has made them these beings for another (p.49). I was also unaware of what the word praxis, a major term used in the book, meant at first. Praxis is to accept a practice or fashion from a theory. As I started to bett er understand the language of Pedagogy of the Oppressed, I enjoyed the book more than. \nThe two terms that I did understand and learned more about throughout this book were the words pityingization and dehumanization. humanisation is freedom, an essential aspect of humanity. It is abruptly necessary in severalize to live a golden sustainable life. Dehumanization is close or restricting freedom. It is a distortion of the vocation of bonny more fully human (p. 44). The most interesting view in Pedagogy of the Oppressed was the banking concept, which was similar to my chump inculcate experience. We the students are only at shallow to receive, memorize, and repeat (p. 72) and act as deposits (p.72) delivered by the teacher. later on reading each prototype that Paulo Freire gave, it made me remember times when I was in school and I felt alike my school was mirroring the oppressive edict (p. 73). In my third grade class, I had a precise strict teacher that love the motto sile...

No comments:

Post a Comment